Thursday, January 7, 2010

PROOF THAT MONTANA CYCLING IS TOUGH

TJ Van Garderen is living the dream. Many of you who have raced in Montana for a few years will remember TJ. He spent some time living and racing both in Bozeman and Missoula when he was a young up and coming racer. He put the hurt on us old guys many a time while he was here. Just for the record, I did beat him once at a road race in Helena. He was maybe 15 years old, and I had a teammate to help me, but regardless, I still crossed the line ahead of a future pro! Pretty sad that barely beating some young kid in a bike race is my claim to fame, but you take what you can get! I believe he is America's next hope for a future Tour win. Here's a link to a recent interview he had with cyclingnews.com as he prepares for his first season as a protour rider for Columbia-HTC. Go get 'em, TJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment