Sunday, February 21, 2010

Burrr

Things have been going ok with the training recently with a few exceptions. Last week was a rest week for me, which was definitely needed after four solid weeks of training. The only problem was I took rest a little to seriously, and ended up only getting in a few rides for the whole week. It was way to easy to convince myself that I could skip that day, since it was a rest week, and next thing you know I had skipped three in a row. Oh well, I needed the rest, and seemed to come back pretty strong this week. At least until we had a team meeting on Thursday evening, which was to include a "short, easy, run." I guess a short easy run for someone who runs can be a battle for survival for someone who doesn't. Actually, the run wasn't that hard, but since I haven't ran a step since cross season, it basically left me hobbled for a few days afterwards. I couldn't believe how sore I was, guess I'll have to skip the run next time. Ouch! Other than the run, the meeting was great. We decided on a few things for the upcoming racing season, mainly that we WILL dominate the Montana race series, consider yourself warned if you dare race against the mighty GAS/Intrinsik machine! Just kidding, we do hope to have a good season, though. If only we can get Frykman to do some training. He looks to have gained about 25 lbs and hasn't touched his bike for months. Not sure what his problem is, maybe it's because he's so old? And Curry, he is still just reminiscing over a great 'cross season, and doesn't seem to think it's time to train yet, hope he comes to his senses soon. Tomas and Lussier do a little climbing and skiing, but that's not really training, is it? Sebastion is to busy hanging out with his son Willy to really care about training. All he does is change diapers and play peek-a-boo all day, not sure how fast he's gonna get doing that. Simmons says he's just racing against the college boys, because you Montana boys are just to fast for him. Only Jason D seems to be on the right track, as he has hired a coach (yours truly) and started to get serious. So I guess this season it will be the Brad and Jason show until about July when the rest of the guys get fit, if they ever decide to. Hope we can pull something off, but it doesn't look to promising.


Anyways, I tried to do my part to help the team by putting in four hours in the sunshine today. To bad it was only a little over 20 degrees or so. Things like bottles, fingers, toes, and beards got a little icy! Also to bad none of the rest of the guys were man enough to join me, they missed a good, although slightly chilly ride!

3 comments:

  1. What do you mean climbing isn't training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seb is doing threshold peek a boo intervals day after day. Right now his peakaboo wattage is sick! Actually Im quite worried he may peak too soon.

    Brian F

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK Russ, I can agree that climbing is training, but it's nothing compared to threshold peek a boo intervals. I knew Seb was doing peek a boo, but threshold peek a boo intervals, already, man, he's gonna be killing it this year!

    ReplyDelete