Sunday, February 28, 2010

ANOTHER GREAT WEEKEND

To bad it has to come to an end with another Monday tomorrow! Mariah, Trey, and I spent ALL day Saturday at the rink in Billings for Mariah's figure skating competition. She had three events, did awesome,and came home with two gold and one silver medal-way to go Mariah! Tawnya had to stay home so she could teach a charity spinning class at Gold's gym in Bozeman, which was also a big success. She really enjoys teaching spinning, and already has a reputation for being the "tough" instructor. I haven't had the pleasure of taking one of her classes yet, but from what I hear, I may not be able to handle it! If you're from the area and looking for a good workout, check her out at Gold's or Manhatten Athletic Club, just be prepared for battle when you show up.

Today ended up being a beautiful day. Mostly sunny, and probably about 40 degrees so I got out for a long ride. I had a great ride with GAS teammate Tomas and GAS teammate/PURE coached athlete David Ellenberger. They were both riding strong, pulling hard, and we had a great time cruising around the Gallatin Valley, we even threw in some gravel roads for Roubaix training. Many of you Montana racers may not know David, but I predict he will make a mark on the CAT 4 field this season, and everyone will soon know who he is. Consider yourself warned! They called it a day after about three hours, but I rode on for a couple more, all mostly easy stuff, just putting in the miles. I made it to the 5 hr mark, and also hit just over 100 miles for the day. That's pretty good, at least for me at this time of the year it is. Some seasons I don't hit 100 miles all year, so I'll call today a success.
My season training is off to a pretty good start. Here my performance manager chart up to this point. The CTL is rising, just hope I can continue that trend for a while longer.

Another good week of training is in the books, unfortunately it's back to the world of tile, mud and Big Sky in the morning. Lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment