Friday, March 5, 2010

My TSS is through the roof this week

Unfortunately, the TSS I'm talking about is tile stress score. I'm dealing with some looming deadlines on a couple big tile projects I'm working on up in Big Sky, so the tile stress is high. The real TSS that is important to a cyclist is training stress score. When you train with power, each ride is given a training stress score, based on the duration and intensity of the ride relative to your functional threshold power (it can also be estimated based on heart rate and/or perceived exertion). You can use TSS to plan how much training you do every week, or over a longer period of time. The TSS can also be used to build a performance manger chart, which is an awesome tool for tracking fitness, freshness, and fatigue over the course of the season. It's kind of a snapshot of your recent training, and can be used to help plan future training and peaking periods. More on this later, right now I have to much tile stress to deal with. No ride tonight, but tomorrow I get my aerobic workout from grouting 500 square feet of slate floor, not the best way to spend a Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. tile stress score--funny! better be up there because your going to have to tow me around this summer.

    ReplyDelete