Wednesday, September 9, 2009

BACK AT IT

Yesterday was a much needed rest day. I still did a short, fun 'cross ride around our neighboorhood with the family, but it was totally chill, no training load at all. So, today I had to get after it. Woke up early this morning for a 45 minute run with the dog. Then spent some time drilling the core and lifting my cx bike a bazillion times. Trying to get the busted up shoulder a little stronger before the racing starts.

Later in the afternoon I had time for a long ride, so I jumped (literally) on the 'cross bike for a 3 hour adventure. There are a ton of fun gravel/dirt roads around Belgrade that have some good short hard climbs on them. The route I chose was constantly up or down, so that makes it tough to get any sort of organized intervals in. I rode tempo whenever I could, and did all the climbs, and there were a bunch of them, at threshold or above. It was an awesome ride, just shy of 200 TSS, and I was pretty worked when I was done. Then, I got a quick bite to eat, and went to help with Mariah's soccer practice- more running for me! Another solid day of training in the books. Depending on how work goes tomorrow, I will either be doing more threshold intervals if I have to ride the trainer, or perhaps I'll get in some never pleasant microbursts. Friday will be a short recovery ride, then Saturday Tawnya and I will be in Ogden, UT. Tawnya has a class all day, the kids will be with grandma, and I'll be spending as much time as possible, shooting for 5-6 hours, exploring the roads and climbs around Ogden. It looks like there are some good ones, I should be able to make it hurt, at least a little!

Later, Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment